This is comfort food at its finest. Childhood memories, gooey apples, and crunchy yet chew bits all in one warming bowl. What more could you ask for in a dessert in a time like this!?
It is delicious on its own or served with your favourite ice cream, custard or yoghurt.
For the apples
- 4 apples
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp cinnamon
For the crumble
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup plain flour
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Peel and core the apples, then chop into 1cm chunks.
- Place in a saucepan on a medium heat with sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice
- Pop the lid on and cook for 5 minutes, or until the apples have softened.
- Meanwhile, combine all the crumble ingredients in a mixing bowl. Get your hands in there and smoosh and scrunch it all together until it is crumbly
- Transfer the apples to a baking dish and sprinkle over the crumble topping.
- Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden and bubbling.
- Snuggle up on the couch with a movie and hot cup of tea and enjoy your little indulgence! Share, only if you must.