These delicious bliss balls of awesomeness have kept my children fed at times when they wouldn’t eat anything else, or when we were dragging them on 35+ hour round the world flights! Needless to say, I owe this simple snack a lot of love and thanks! At a time like this, just like in the past, these are my go-to snacks. They are made with long-life ingredients, last really well in the fridge, and are an indulgence you can feel good about!Print
I’m giving you the bliss ball secret formula here. Within the formula you can mix and match! You do need a good food processor to make these.
1 cup dried fruit + 1 1/2 cup nuts + 1 Tbsp solid oil + 2 Tbsp water = Bliss balls à la carte!
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 1/2 cup nuts (I often use a mix of walnuts, cashews, roasted peanuts, and Brazil nuts)
- 1 heaped Tbsp coconut oil OR peanut/almond butter – you could even use a chocolate spread like nutella!
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (optional)
- 1 cup chocolate chips or broken up chocolate block (optional)
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- Add your nut medley to the food processor first, blast until the nuts are chopped up nicely, stop before you make but butter!
- Add all the other ingredients, blast until everything is really well combined and a paste is being formed. I often I have to take the lid off my processor and mush everything all around, and blast again, until everything is creamed together really well
- Now it’s time to get your hands dirty, take tablespoon size scoops and roll into a ball
- Roll each ball in shredded coconut if you’ve got it
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to two weeks – (if they could possibly last that long!)