A light curry, full of flavour and packed full of goodness. A food processor is really handy for this one to grind up the cashews into a fine powder – if you don’t have a food processor, read my cheat sheet for kitchen equipment alternatives.
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 5 medium potatoes
- 1 tin cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 1 tin coconut milk/cream
- 1 stock cube
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 4 cups dry rice
- Get your rice cooking as per packet instructions
- Peal, slice, and dice onion, garlic, carrots and potatoes
- Add to a deep pan or pot with the olive oil, stir the veggies around to coat them in the oil
- While those are sauteing, add cashews to a food processor and blend to a fine powder, not forgetting to tend to your veggies while blending the sauce;
- Add tin tomatoes, coconut milk, stock cube and spices to the food processor and blend until smooth
- Pour sauce into your veggies, add the cooked chickpeas, and give everything a good mix around, bring a boil and simmer for 30mins, stirring occasionally
- Once your carrots and potatoes are soft, it’s ready!
- Serve with rice & fresh tomatoes, if you;re lucky enough to have some still in the fridge!