- 1 can cooked chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lime/lemon juice
- 1 whole capsicum (whole or preserved)
- 7 whole pickles (or as many as you’d like!)
- pinch cayenne pepper (or a good sprinkling if you’re feeling frisky)
- to taste salt & pepper
- 2 whole bread roll or toast
- Add chickpeas, olive oil & citrus juice into a bowl and smash up. I use our stick blender but a potato masher or even a fork will work too! Get your exercise in for the day! Don’t go mental though, its chickpea smash, not hummus.
- Slice up pickles and chop capsicum, chuck those in there.
- Add cayenne pepper, salt & pepper. Give it all a good mix up.
- Depending on whether our baguette (from our village baguette vending machine) is minutes or hours old we will have this in a fresh baguette as a roll or if the baguette needs ‘warming up a bit’ as an open toasted sandwich. Good either way!