Frozen vegetables work perfectly with this and cut the prep down even further. Throw everything into an oven safe dish and bake, it doesn’t get any easier.
- 3 cups rice, I used a wild rice blend
- 5 cups hot stock (2 stock cubes dissolved in boiling water)
- 4–5 cups veggies – I used a frozen veggie mix, a fresh courgette, and a roasted capsicum, diced.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- Spice mix, 1 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp basil, 1 tsp onion powder, 1/2 tsp ground coriander, 1/2 tsp ginger
- Bread crumbs (optional to sprinkle in the top)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C
- Pour your rice, uncooked, into the bottom of your oven safe dish
- In a jug, pour 1 cup boiling water over your stock cubes to dissolve, pour over rice and add 4 more cups boiling water over the rice
- Prepare your fresh veggies, (peal, chop, dice etc…)
- In a separate bowl combine all your veggies, drizzle over olive oil and add spices, mix the veggies round to coat the veggies thoroughly
- Spoon veggies over the rice – also add any meat at this point too
- Sprinkle over bread crumbs
- Place in the oven to bake for 40mins
- If you have a grill function on your oven, place the grill on for a further 5 mins at the end
- How easy was that!?