These are a weekend walk picnic staple. What’s a French picnic without a nutella soaked crepe? – Unless there is a baguette in your basket, are you even in France!? However, to be clear, these can be whipped up and guzzled down anywhere in the world. Nutella is not obligatory either. I love mine with lemon and sugar, or when enjoyed at home, we go a bit crazy with all sorts of fresh and frozen fruit, sorbet, maple syrup… droooool!Print
I whip my mixture up in the blender, but a whisk or even a briskly whipped fork will do you just as well.
You will need a nice flat non-stick pan.
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbs oil
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 4 Tbs sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Add everything to your blender or bowl in the order the ingredients are listed
- Blend or whip vigorously until there are no lumps
- Heat your non-stick pan on your largest hob but at medium to low heat
- I do not add butter or oil to my pan, however, if your non-stick pan has seen better non-stick days, a small dab of butter or glug of oil might help, see how you go
- Pour roughly 1/3 cup of mixture into the pan and quickly tilt the pan around so the mixture spreads evenly to the sides
- Leave to cook until the entire top side has bubbled up – about 20 seconds
- Flip (how good are your flipping skills!? – I still use a spatula too don’t worry 😜)
- Cook reverse side for 30 seconds, transfer to plate to cool or eat immediately!
Keywords: French crepes