This is my version of fried rice, tweaked for a slightly sweeter richer flavour without adding exotic ingredients. It’s one of my favorites since prep effort is almost non-exist!
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup broccoli frozen
- 1 cup frozen cauliflower
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 stock cube – of choice
- 2 Tbsp jam of choice
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 cups dried rice
- 2 eggs
- Get rice cooking
- Peel and chop carrots and garlic cloves
- Heat olive oil in a deep pan or wok
- Add carrots and garlic, saute for 5 mins
- Add frozen veggies
- Crumble in stock cube, add the pepper, jam, and 2 Tbsp of soy sauce
- Stir and cover for 10mins
- Whisk the two eggs together in a separate dish
- Push your veggies to the sides of your pan, leaving a hole in the middle
- Pour you whisked egg into the hole you made in your veggies, allow your egg to cook for 1-2 min before stirring gently and cooking for another 1 min
- Then you can mix all your veggies through the egg
- Once you rice is cooked transfer all of it to your pan of veggies and stir everything really well to combine all that goodness.
- Add remaining 2 Tbsp of soy sauce and stir through again
- Allow the rice to fry up nicely for 5 mins, remembering to stir everything often so the rice is fried, not glued to the pan, burnt!
- That’s it, you’ve already made dinner.