You can roast or boil the veggies before turning them into a sauce however, roasting is better and since the oven has to be on anyway to bake everything at the end, may as well go with roasting the veggies too!
- 1 packet of pasta (400g)
- 5 medium potatoes
- 3 carrots
- 4 cups milk of choice (I used almond)
- 4 Tbsp olive oil (and extra for drizzling the veggies before roasting)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 stock cube
- 1 large tomato
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C
- Get water boiling for pasta
- Peel and dice your potatoes and carrots in to 1 cm cubes
- Get your pasta in to cook, set your timer for 1 min less than the recommended cook time, so it is cooked al dente
- Spread veggies on a lined baking tray, drizzle with olive oil
- Roast your veggies for 10 mins, then give them a shake around on the tray, return to oven and roast for a further 15mins
- Check that they are cooked through by stabbing them with a fork before removing from the oven to cool for a moment
- Once your pasta is cooked, strain it and transfer it to a deep, oven safe dish
- Once your veggies have cooled for a moment, we can blend them into the sauce, this has to be done in batches, unless you have an abnormally large blender?
- 1/2 the veggies, 2 cups of milk, 1/2 the spices, 1/2 the stock cube, 2 Tbsp olive oil in one batch
- Blend until smooth and creamy, add more milk if you need to! (Consistency should be like thick cream or yoghurt)
- Pour over the pasta in the oven safe dish, repeat with second batch
- Dice your tomato and add this to your pasta and sauce
- Give everything a really good mix around
- Sprinkle over the cup of breadcrumbs
- Bake for 20mins, after that switch grill on for a further 5mins to crisp up your breadcrumbs!
- Once baked and toasty, remove and serve! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!