Found yourself without eggs but craving pancakes? I’m here to say no egg fluffy pancakes are possible!
I have gone through quite a few no egg pancakes recipes in my time trying to find one that is fluffy, puffy and cooks well! – This is not the time to be looking for a no egg recipe only to find the suggestion is to use an egg replacement that is complicated, and just as missing from your pantry, (who has linseed powder at a time like this!?).
Consider your cravings satisfied with this recipe that requires only the most basic baking ingredients!Print
Simple ingredients + simple method = no egg fluffy pancakes in minutes!
The base recipe is for 4 good size pancakes. For my family of 4 pancake munches I double the mixture. (You can use the 2x button to easily double it).
- 1 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- More oil for cooking
- You can either use a blender or mixing bowl & whisk to prepare the mixture. If using a blender add the wet ingredients first, then the dry and blend until smooth. If using a mixing bowl;
- Sift and whisk dry ingredients
- Add wet ingredients
- Whisk together thoroughly, until there are no lumps
- Once mixture is smooth and silky, heat a shallow non-stick fry pan on a medium heat, add a little oil
- Pour in about 1/2-3/4 cup of mixture for each pancake
- Cook until you see bubbles starting to form on the top
- Flip pancake and cook reverse side for 1-2mins, until golden
Tips from the lockdown test kitchen:
Make sure your pan is up to temperature before you add the mixture for the first pancake.
Keep your heat on medium to low, too hot will mean that your pancake will burn on the bottom without cooking through.