When I say “one pot”, I really mean only, one pot, and probably a chopping board & a knife… But basically this meal is quick to cook, and to clean up! Also, nice little bonus, it tastes great too! Everyone’s happy.Print
One pot. Creamy. Tasty. Satisfying. Quick!
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 3 cups spinach (optional)
- Spice mix: 1 tsp ground coriander, 2 tsp Italian Herbs or Herbs de Provence, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, ground black pepper
- 1 stock cube (of choice)
- 1 tin/jar Cannellini beans
- 1 tin coconut cream (or equivalent – almond milk also goes well, or milk of your choice)
- 2–3 cups water
- 500g pasta of choice
- Peel and chop your garlic and onion
- Heat olive oil in a large deep pot, add garlic and onion, stir to coat in the oil
- Chop your mushrooms, add these to the pot
- Add spices and crumble in stock cube, stir everything around and allow to cook for 2 mins
- Drain and rinse the cannellini beans and add these to the pot
- Add coconut cream (or milk of choice) and water (start with 2 cups to start with, you may need to add more as the pasta cooks)
- Add the pasta, give everything a good stir through, pop the lid on and allow to come to a simmer.
- Once simmering you can now add your spinach if you have some, once again stir through, and replace the lid
- Take the lid off if the pasta is causing the liquid to foam up. Normally I don’t have this problem and I can leave the lid on
- Cook for 15 mins – until pasta is cooked to your liking – keep an eye on the liquid level and if it is getting too dry then add some more water
- Stir everything around one last time and get the serving bowls out ready to serve!